Sunday, 27 May 2007

One month anniversary! Happy dance!

Today is Something Snazzy!'s one month anniversary! Happy happy days!
Alas, I have no special surprises for you. Exams are coming up on Wednesday, and I've had one busy busy weekend. I do have some pretty cool and/or random things to write about, however, so here we go.

First off:
Yesterday I met the wonderful Medissa from Jakarta Street Looks. Haven't been over to their blog yet? Then damn well do so! It's awesome to know that I have a fellow Jakarta fashion blogger roaming the streets and searching for covetted clothing items and trendy hipsters.


Pom pom tassle things! On her shoes! I want! I also want to be able to pull of leopard print like Icha, but alas, I am doomed to fail.


Second:
Remember Araji and Asti from Fabric magazine who's photo I took at Nouvelle Vague? Well, they took Amber and my photo as well - and we're in the new issue of Fabric that just came out! Very cool, it's a collage of snazzy dressers at the show. I'll be scanning it in ASAP. And if you don't have the new edition, then go get it quick - available at Aksara bookstore.


Third:
I've been trying to think up ways to bring some more traffic to the site, and I decided advertising (freely, of course, over the interwebs) wouuld be the most effective manner. Spreadin' the news by word of mouth and whatnot. So I came up with this little banner thing, and if you would be so kind as to tell people or repost the link/picture, I'd be forever grateful. And, there's a cupcake on it! Tell me that isn't cute!

Fashionistas! Indie nerds! Jakarta kids! Check it out with a click click click:
I love Something Snazzy!

I'm pretty proud of my efforts. What do you think?

Fourth:
A couple of items that I'm having some serious cravings for, in the spirit of all things bright and colourful.

Wheeee, an elephant!

From Jewels and Rocks, based in Bali. You can buy their totally cute and colourful products in Jakarta from Kota Grogol Permai Blok B - 51, Jl. Prof. DR. Latumenten. Price unlisted.

From Keep Company Shoes, these are the Juniper shoes in "African print." They also have a ton of other brilliantly coloured flats. Summer is coming up in the Northern Hemisphere, so why not try some bright patterns? Now, who wants to donate $65 so I can get myself a pair? Uhh, for the sake of testing to make sure they're comfortable and all that, of coooourse.

And lastly:

Have I mentioned that I love bubble tea? Mmm, delicious! Go buy some now, I insist, and enjoy. My personal preference? The green apple slushie one from Quickly, with double pearls. Yum!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my god dear.. i look very short there. haha damn.

anyway i love ur new banner. i'll put it on my personal blog.

mukegengster.blogspot.com

medissa

Anonymous said...

hahahah...
i have a secret to tell you, you don't actually like bubble tea i've just been slipping happy drugs in your apple slushie so you'll come with me everytime i want one
(as if i'm that devious or intellegent)
xoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

annabelle, i secretly ADORE your little blog thing, and read it all the time and now totally want to live in jakarta. it just seems so much more awesome than here.

so yeah, just here to tell you how much i do love it.

and PLEASE TOTALLY GET ME ONE OF THOSE BRACELETS WITH THE ELEPHANTS FOR NEXT TIME YOU COME.
i'll love you forever,
they're so freaking adorable, i can just imagine myself wearing one.
: D

Anonymous said...

oh my god oh my god i love those shoes! they are lovely!
(i love bubble tea too...)

Annabelle said...

Icha - Silly, you look very pretty, despite the fact that you covered your face!

Amber - Girl, you crazy, slipping me drugs! Damn, and I've got a bit of a bubble tea craving right now.

Rushi - Oh my god! Thank you for reading, you sweetheart! I had no idea you'd made your way over here. Thank you so much dear, you're the greatest. And you know, I just might have to try and hunt down that bracelet for you next time I come. =]

Jennine - I think we should set up a fashion bloggers conference, where we talk about pretty shoes, clothes, and of course, bubble tea!