Tuesday, 22 May 2007

A number of great dresses from snazzy shops!

Three dresses that I've bought in the last few weeks, from a few of my favourite little stores around Jakarta.

If you live in Jakarta, and have never been to Cilandak Town Square (or lovingly referred to as "Citos") on a Tuesday, then you need to get out from under the rock you're living under and head over there next week! They hold these great bazaars every Tuesday and Wednesday throughout the day. However, I find that I like the stuff that's there on Tuesday's a bit better. There's a number of clothes, belts, bags, rings and other amazing items.

Today, I picked up this bright yellow dress from one of my favourite stalls there, Retail Therapy. They will take orders for shoes, dresses and bags, either of customized sizes or designs from their pre-existing stock, or from pictures that you bring in. Cheap too - I don't remember the exact price, but it's around Rp. 150,000. They also have a store on Jl. Cipete Raya, no. 65B.



Detailing on the print, and these cute little buttons along the back of the neck:
This next dress I got the other week, also from Retail Therapy. It's this really pretty blue-green fabric.

Another of my favourite stores around J-town is the amazing, tiny little place, Swell. It's just off Kemang Raya, where you turn left when you get to McDonalds. Keep going down there a little bit on the one-way road and you'll find Swell on your left. They sell second-hand and vintage clothes, and I saw this dress in the window and fell in love. I tried it on, and it was official - I had to have this dress. And who wouldn't buy it, at only Rp. 80,000? Insanely cheap. I love it there.

Please excuse the bare feet. I couldn't be bothered to put any shoes on haha. Long day of school!

5 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

when you say turn left at mcdonald's, is that turn left beside mcdonald's or across from it?

Anonymous said...

hey i took those pictas...
how fun
=]

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Annabelle said...

Annisa - When you are driving along Kemang Raya TOWARDS McDonalds and then get to the traffic light (and McD's is ahead and to your left), then you turn left along the one-way road that takes you to Kemang Food Fest and whatnot. Hope that's helpful!